Election Cheat Sheet
Everything you need to know in a nutshell
If you have been living in a bubble for the past few weeks, happily ignoring all the election noise around you, here, in a nutshell, is what to do when you reach the polling booth.
1. Find your local polling station
2. Assuming you have already registered to vote, you will be given two ballot papers.
3. On the white ballot paper, choose ONE of these candidates to represent you in parliament:
Merlene Emerson (Liberal Democrat)
Rollo Miles (Green)
Vanessa Crichton (UKIP)
4. For the council elections, check which ward you live in.
5. On the yellow ballot paper, choose any THREE candidates from your ward to sit on the Borough council.
Candidates nominated for council elections
The count for the council elections will start at 10am on May 7 and results for each ward will come through during the afternoon.
May 5, 2010