Five Teenage Boys Sentenced for Bus Station Stabbing

14 year-old victim left with "life changing injuries"

Related Links

Hammersmith and Fulham Police


Five Boys in Court over Bus Station Stabbing

Three "Mid-Teens" Arrested after Bus Station Stabbing

Teenager Stabbed in Hammersmith Bus Station

Five Teens Found Guilty of Fulham Schoolboy Sofyen's Killing


Sign up for our free weekly newsletter

Comment on this story on the

Five teenage boys have been sentenced to over 40 years in custody for the stabbing of a 14 year-old boy in Hammersmith Broadway on May 15.

At the time, three of the boys were 16 and two were 17. Today only one, Jay Baptiste, can be named as he is now 18. He received ten years custody, with three to be served on licence.

The other four were sentenced as follows:

Boy A, aged 17 - 10 years custody with three to be served on licence.
Boy B, aged 16 - eight years custody with five to be served on licence.
Boy D, aged 17 - eight years custody with five to be served on licence
Boy E aged 16 - six and a half years custody with five to be served on licence

The gang's attack happened in front of horrified crowds in the bus station outside Hammersmith Broadway at 3.50pm.

Several police cars attended and an air ambulance landed on the King Street NCP car park roof with a large area around the scene cordoned off.

The 14 year-old victim, a pupil at Richmond Park Academy was taken to hospital in a serious condition and has since been left with what police describe as "life changing injuries".

After the sentencing at Isleworth Crown Court, Detective Constable Ana Ambros from the Violent Crime Unit based at Hammersmith Police Station said: " This was an horrific, premeditated attack on a unarmed 14 year old schoolboy in a busy bus station at 3.45pm, which left the victim with life changing injuries.

" The youths showed a total disregard for the normal rules of society, committing a violent attack in front of a large number of school children and innocent passersby.

" The swift police response and effective investigation resulted in the five youths being arrested, charged and remanded. We are extremely pleased with the length of their sentences which reflect the gravity of the crime they committed. This will hopefully deter others and sends out a clear message that such behaviour will not be tolerated".

November 10, 2011