|Flat Fire in Russell Gardens|
Discarded cigarette blamed for blaze in West Kensington
Firefighters were called to a blaze in a flat on Russell Gardens in West Kensington on Thursday night (2nd July..
Four people left the building before the arrival of the Brigade and three others used a staircase in a neighbouring property to escape.
A man and two women were treated for smoke inhalation.
The Brigade was called at 12.30am and the blaze was under control within the hour. Three fire engines and around 15 firefighters from Hammersmith and Kensington attended the incident
The fire is believed to have been caused by a discarded cigarette.
July 6, 2009