Injured Brook Green Boy Home from Hospital

Christopher was hit by lorry wing mirror while waiting for bus

Related links

Christopher Prichard, injured in a traffic accident in Chiswick

Man on Bail after Brook Green Boy is Struck by Lorry Wing Mirror


Chiswick School

Great Ormond Street Hospital

Metropolitan Police Traffic Teams

Appeal for Witnesses to Fatal Accident Outside Shepherd's Bush Station

Tribute Paid to Talgarth Road Crash Victim Magda

Appeal for Witnesses to Talgarth Road Crash

Fulham Man Charged over Van Killing


Register for the Shepherd's Bush Newsletter

Get the Hammersmith newsletter

Register for the Fulham Newsletter

The Brook Green 15-year old who was seriously injured when he was hit by a lorry while waiting at a bus stop near Chiswick School has returned home from hospital.

His mother said Christopher was released from hospital on Wednesday November 7 and told our sister site "He still has some more steps to take to full recovery."

She added that she had been "overwhelmed" by the good wishes and support from the public and wanted to thank everyone for their help.

Chris had been in a medically induced coma for several days after being rushed to hospital with severe head injuries last month.

A 47-year old man is on bail after being arrested in connection with the incident. He is due to return to the police station on November 26.

Following the accident, in which Chris was hit by the rear wing mirror of a lorry while waiting at the bus stop, local MP Mary Macleod and the school authorities called on Transport for London (Tfl) to investigate whether the bus stop should be moved back from the road.

The school also demanded that safety issues around local bus stops be looked by the relevant authorities.

The bus-stop was on the A316 where hundreds of schoolchildren gather every day after school to catch buses home. Chris had finished playing football and was waiting at the stop at around 4.10pm, when he was injured.

It is understood that he is well enough for friends to visit and has said he is very happy to be home.

A 47-year old man was arrested on October 10 in East Sheen, on suspicion of failing to stop at the scene of a collision. He was taken to a police station in West London and released on bail. He is due to return to the police station on November 26.

November 16, 2012