Earls Court Bus Strangler Jailed

Eight year sentence for attempted murder on C1 bus

Related Links

Sibusio Majola

Appeal for Witnesses after Man is Strangled on Bus

Borough Commander's Blog

Hammersmith and Fulham Police



Sign up to receive free newsletters from

A man who strangled a passenger until he passed out on a C1 bus travelling through the Earls Court area has been jailed.

Sibusio Majola, 33 of no fixed abode, was found guilty of attempted murder at Isleworth Crown Court on February 19 and sentenced to eight years' imprisonment following the attack in December 2012.

Majola was arrested after CCTV showing the shocking incident on a crowded single decker bus was released.

At 1.16pm on December 1, 2012, the bus with the 37-year-old male victim had just left Victoria Station. The victim - a security guard - was travelling to work on his first day in a new job.

When the bus arrived at Cresswell Gardens, SW5, Majola boarded the bus and sat behind the victim. A short time later Majola removed a black scarf that he was wearing and started strangling the victim, saying "I will kill you."

The victim passed out and then regained consciousness but the suspect leaned over the seat and continued to tighten the scarf around his neck.

He managed to free himself from being choked and ran from the bus in West Cromwell Road, W14 at 1.51pm. The attack lasted for around 30 seconds.

Majola simply sat back in his seat and continued his journey.

The victim approached two uniformed officers in the street and reported the offence and after an appeal which included the release of CCTV footage of the attack, Majola handed himself into a police station on Sunday December 23.

He was charged with attempted murder later that day.

Investigating officer Thomas Norman of Notting Hill police said: "This was a totally unprovoked attack on a man who was travelling to work some distance away from where he lives in order to financially support his family.

"Although the physical injuries he sustained were not life-threatening, he continues to suffer physiological distress and has only recently been able to return to work as a security guard. I would like to thank my colleagues in the Safer Transport Command (STC) as their diligent work led to the suspect being identified."

February 21, 2014