Man from Greyhound Road Jailed for Raping Two Girls

William Jordan sentenced to 18 years for crimes in 1970s

Related Links

William Jordan

Hammersmith and Fulham Police


Police Appeal for Witnesses to Scrubs Lane Robbery

Police Seek Teen in Connection with Ten Bus Robberies

Tottenham Murder Victim was Nurse from Fulham

Hammersmith Man Jailed for Slashing Victim's Throat

Crime in Borough Falls in Historic Low

Teen "Serious" after Gibbs Green Gang Fight

H & F Police Detective Guilty of Cocaine Possession

Hammersmith and Fulham Police on Twitter

Borough Commander's Blog


Sign up to receive free newsletters from

A man from Greyhound Road, W6 has been jailed for 18 years for raping two girls in the 1970s. 

William Jordan, 59 of Greyhound Road, W6 was sentenced at the Old Bailey on Wednesday April 30 after being found guilty of raping an underage girl on his own wedding night and also regularly raping his family's babysitter.

He was sentenced at the Old Bailey to:

12 years' imprisonment for one count of rape in relation to 14 year old girl in April 1973 
18 years' imprisonment for one count of rape in relation to an 11 year old girl between 1977-1978
18 years' imprisonment for one count of rape in relation to the second girl aged 11 between 1978-1979 

The court heard how the first victim was raped by Jordan after his own wedding reception in 1973 as she slept in a bed in the home of a family friend.

Jordan attacked the 14 year old as his new wife slept next door. The victim did not tell anyone about this attack until she was contacted by police investigating linked historic abuse some 40 years later. Police were able to gain her confidence and she provided a compelling account of the abuse received at the hands of Jordan.

The second victim worked as a babysitter in Jordan's house in Hammersmith between 1977-1979. She began babysitting for Jordan when she was around 10 years old.

After about an hour, Jordan would return from the pub and if the children were asleep, he would rape his victim. He would then leave to return to his wife. This happened on more than one occasion whenever she babysat.

Detective Inspector Tim Wilkinson of the Sexual Offences, Exploitation and Child Abuse Command, said: "This conviction sends out a very strong and positive message to Londoners that those who commit serious offences will be brought to justice without the passing of time being a barrier.

" I would like to pay tribute to the bravery of the victims who found the strength to give evidence in court. We know that only a proportion of rape victims report to police, I hope that this conviction encourages other victims of rape to come forward." 


May 1, 2014