Forum Topic

Kensington to Hounslow corridor

Over the last 5 years there has been massive construction of private apartments along the corridor from Kensington to Hounslow, such that currently, during the morning and evening extended rush hours being able to get on a bus has become more and more difficult.On this route, the access to the Piccadilly line to get to Heathrow has escalator/lift access at only Hammersmith and East/West Hounslow. This means that disabled people, those who suffer from claustrophobia and those with heavy baggage in this area, are forced to use a taxi, at a cost of £20 - £40. When the matter has been raised over the last few years with TFL, the ongoing excuse is that it would make the route too long!  So if that is the case, would TFL give consideration to introducing a new service to start, when the N9 stops its extension during the day, known as an EXPRESS service 9 (X9) running during the day and only stopping at centres of commercial areas with many other local bus services, or underground, serving as a feeder service. This would have a considerable number of benefits for all users plus those who want to travel long distances on the existing services, being able to travel quicker than staying on the local bus service, as with the 607 along Uxbridge RoadPROPOSED BUS STOPSHammersmith Bus Station, (Start point of service) Stop BTurnham Green Church Stop DD/CVBrentford High Street Stop BL/BNIsleworth Stop FHounslow West Station Stop AHeathrow Central Bus Station Stand 19Heathrow T5 Stand 6All these stops are on the existing N9 service route.BONUSWith ongoing problem of existing road congestion, and the construction of the new runway, it is forecast that there will be considerable delays in the local area. As a case in point on the morning of 9 November I went to collect a passenger from T3 and it took 1 HOUR to get from the junction with the M4 into Terminal 3! In the event that these sorts of congestion arise again, the Local TFL area manager can decide to turn the bus around at Hounslow West station, thus allowing passengers for Heathrow to transfer onto the Piccadilly line into LHR.If you support this concept for an additional service, every concerned person would be gratefully appreciated. To do this, please send an email to your MP and London assembly representative.  Please also put any ideas that make the idea more relevant, and then post them to the forum.'See https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/ where you can find details of you MP and https://www.london.gov.uk/people/assembly for your GLA representative. When posting your support, copy and paste the above leaving the last paragraph off the paste.

Philip Weaver ● 1961d1 Comments

I have now had a response, from TFL, to my proposal for a new service, primarily to assist elderly and disabled people to get to Heathrow airport without recourse to the Underground service of the Piccadilly Line. It is obvious from the reply, that the people in TFL who considered this did not read my proposal properly. See their para 3 and my original proposal.I am saddened by the negative response by TFL as they seem not to understand that I was seeking a new bus service to Heathrow airport during the day.  The Mayor’s insistence that he would be looking at any way to help disabled people and pensioners seems to have disappeared!I would like to thank our readers of these forums for their interest and hope that a sensible idea along the lines I suggested  might be recognised sometime in the future, as I have to say that I will not pursue this matter anymore, I would probably be dead before anything could be implemented! It has been worth a try, but after 7 years, I am leaving it to others who might care to take up the cudgels on behalf of the people who will benefit. Thank you one and all.+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Copy of letter received from TFL 08/01/2019 Ref: 12807226Dear PhilipThank you for contacting us on 22 December about to your proposal to extend to route N9 service to a 24 hour service, from Kensington to Hounslow.I’m sorry for the time it has taken to get back to you. I understand the points you have raised and how it could beneficial for our customers.I’ve been in contact with our Network development team and they advised that unfortunately, your suggestion is not a feasible option and we would not be able to take the idea forward. This is because with the route extensions, we must consider cycle time and reliability. Your suggestion to run the route to Heathrow, could triple the cycle time and it would become much too difficulty to operate it reliable.A relevant example would be the bus route X26; the route is quite lengthy and on many occasions has been struggling with punctuality and reliability, due to severe traffic congestion.I would like to use this as an opportunity to thank you for the time and effort you’ve put, to bring forward your suggestions.Thanks again for contacting us. If there's anything else we can assist you with, please reply to this email and we'll be happy to help. Alternatively, you can speak to one of our Customer Service Advisers on 0343 222 1234.Kind regardsSelorm BlagogeeCustomer Service AdviserTransport for London Customer Services

Philip Weaver ● 1933d