Gun-toting robbers imprisoned for 16 years

Double attack on Fulham amusement arcade

Related Links

Sign up for our free newsletter

Kodjo Yenga - Gone Too Soon

"I miss Kodjo and I will miss him forever"

The Police in Hammersmith


Write something in the

Two robbers who raided an amusement arcade in Fulham and threatened the manager with a gun, have been sentenced to a total of 16 years in prison.


Sharif Nicholls, 22, of Cubitt Terrace, Clapham, and Daryl McFarlane, 22, of Tooting Grove, Tooting, both pleaded guilty at Kingston Crown Court.


Nicholls admitted two counts of robbery and two counts of possession of a firearm, and was sentenced to 11 years imprisonment.


McFarlane pleaded guilty to one count of robbery and possession of a firearm. He was given 11 years imprisonment.


Agora Amusements in Fulham was raided twice, once on 14 December 2006, and a second time on 6 January 2007.


Nicholls took part in both raids, and McFarlane accompanied him on the second robbery.


The first robbery netted Nicholls and a second accomplice £2,500. On the second robbery Nicholls and McFarlane stole a total of £758, again holding a semi-automatic handgun to the manager’s head and threatening him with violence.


On both robberies, the manager of the arcade was threatened with a handgun to his head.


During the robberies the pair wore balaclavas. However, they had been captured on CCTV on 6 January 2007, when the pair had walked past the amusement arcade several times while planning their attack.

Detective Constable Dan Williams of the Met Police's Flying Squad, said; "These criminals deliberately targeted what they thought was a vulnerable venue, attempting to steal large amounts of cash, purely to fund their favoured lifestyle. “They showed no remorse for the brutal way they treated their victims and today's sentencing reflects the seriousness of this offence."

"I hope it sends a message out to others that this kind of behaviour will not be tolerated.”

May 16, 2008