Hammersmith Man Appears in Court over Fatal Stabbing on New Year's Day

Elshalakany one of three charged with murder of doorman Tudor Simionov

Tudor Simionov
Tudor Simionov

Related Links

Man From West Kensington Convicted of Grenfell Fraud

Assault Leaves Man With Fractured Skull in Olympia

Rapper Thanks Supporters Following Stabbing at Eventim Apollo

Man from Lampeter Square Jailed for Raping Teen in His Home

Sign up for our Hammersmith newsletter

Comment on this story on the

A Hammersmith man is among three who have appeared in court charged with the murder of a doorman who was guarding a party on New Year's Day.

Security guard Tudor Simionov, 33, was fatally stabbed outside Fountain House in Park Lane at about 5.30am on 1 January.

Adham Elshalakany, 23, from Hammersmith appeared at Westminster Magistrates' Court with Haroon Akram, 25, of no fixed address and Adham Khalil, 20, from Kingsbury in North West London.

They are charged with murder, four counts of grievous bodily harm and one count of violent disorder and were remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on Friday.

Elshalakany was arrested in Hammersmith on Tuesday, 29 January after Akram presented himself at a central London police station on Monday evening and Khalil was arrested at an address in Brent at around 6am on Tuesday morning.

A second man from Hammersmith, named as 25-year-old Ahmed Munajed, has already been charged with violent disorder in connection with this case, and a 26 year-old woman has been charged with perverting the course of justice.

Tudor Simionov, 33, died after being stabbed following an incident at Fountain House in Park Lane at around 5.35 am on New Year's Day.

Mr Simionov was acting as security for a private party on Park Lane when an altercation developed outside the event and he was called to the front door. It is alleged that a group of men were trying to gain access to the party. Snapchat footage filmed just before his death shows Mr Simionov pushing away a group of nine men who were trying to get access to the house. Moments later he was stabbed in the chest.

Three of his colleagues received knife injuries, including one woman. They have all since been released from hospital.


February 1, 2019